Online Reputation Management is a MUST for Healthcare Providers
New Survey Finds 84 Percent of Patients Consult Online Reviews of Healthcare Professionals Either Before or After Making A First Appointment.
According to a new survey from Software Advice, an Austin, Texas-based company, 84% of survey respondents say they consult online reviews when choosing a healthcare provider, with 59% reporting they consult such reviews “frequently.”
The survey also found:
- 60% felt it was important for providers to respond to negative reviews.
- 43% considered reviews regarding “accuracy of diagnosis” important.
- 28% look to online reviews for quality of care information.
- 26% look at numerical values or star ratings.
- 36% found “listening” and “explanation” skills most important.
This shows that consumers have come to rely on and trust healthcare providers’ online reviews, and negative, false, or even fake reviews will deter new patients from making a first appointment. It is now more important than ever for healthcare providers to manage and control their online reputation. Healthcare providers who are experiencing the effects of negative online reviews can rely on Online Defamation Defenders to help clean up false, fake or disparaging online reviews.
Email or call now (1-800-914-7628) for a FREE Reputation Management Check-Up and consultation!